Skip to main content

General Insurance

General Insurance

Protecting Your Home

It makes sense to insure your home, whether you rent or own it. Buildings and contents insurance are the two main types of home insurance to consider.

As the names suggest, buildings insurance protects the structure of the building, whereas contents insurance protects your furniture, furnishings, appliances, clothing, and other personal belongings.

Even if you live in a ‘non-standard’ property, we’re more than likely able to assist you in finding the coverage you require.

We can also assist you with obtaining the appropriate coverage for all of your home contents.

Although the value of houses and their contents varies, don’t underestimate the value of your home’s contents – your electrical and technological goods alone might potentially be worth thousands of pounds.

Tablets, for example, are small but pricey, and they are easily broken or stolen. Think about the cost of replacing your entire home’s belongings. How much would it cost you?

Accidents, fires, burglaries, and other mishaps are all too common, despite our best efforts. While it may be tempting to believe that home insurance is an expense that can be eliminated, this could be a costly mistake.

The good news is that we can help.

General Insurance Articles & Insights

Latest Insights & Articles From Our Brokers

All the latest breaking news on Mortgages. Browse The Gordon Blair Financial Services complete collection of articles on Mortgages.